First Response Mental Health was founded by individuals who collaborated with first responder organizations to understand the intricacies and subtleties of the mental health landscape, the stressors that first responders are exposed to, and the support systems in place to protect and support them. The PeerConnect platform was launched by First Response Mental Health in 2019.
PeerConnect is the result of years of co-development and research with these front line first responders, health professionals, professionals in high-stress occupations, and researchers in the fields of psychology and social work. PeerConnect is the only pro-active peer support platform on the market, it has been field tested, and incorporates real-life learning and evidence-based feedback.
The Only Proactive Peer Support System on the Market
- Proactive wellness programs ensure all first responders have regular peer support check-ins after every traumatic call, allowing for early discussions before issues compound.
- Proactive peer support allows a colleague to reach out and say “I am here. You are not alone. I will walk with you.”
- Scheduled proactive check-ins on difficult anniversary dates
- Proactive check-ins normalize the idea of talking with the peer support team and reduce stigma around reaching out later on.
The Only Peer Support System Offering a Coactive Model
- First responders can feel at ease seeking help from another department’s team through coactive peer support, which provides them with the necessary level of separation.
- Cross-departmental peer support relationships strengthen the wellness program for all departments involved and give officers choices on who to reach out to.
- Coactive peer support allows departments to share access to peer supports from other agencies when they don’t have enough internal resources.
- 90% less effort to coordinate Peer Support
- Private and anonymous support for your members
- Wellness workers freed to work on wellness initiatives
- Peer Support at the touch of a button
- Wellness resources and modules in your pocket
- 24/7 Coverage – No one falls through the cracks
- Reduce barriers to resources and mental health related stigma
- Share wellness KPIs, metrics and engagement reports
- Enhances CISM, EFAP, and other programs
- Location based services
- Decrease lost time, STD, LTD, OSI, and overtime
- Proactive Peer Support – fully comprehensive process
- Newsfeed – real time communication & engagement reports
- Recruitment – engage potential candidates
- Family Support – address needs of family of your members
- Self-assessment – evidence based tools in your pocket
- FAQs – lower anxiety barriers at point of resource interest
- Support for retirees and those on leave
- Mindfulness – modules specific to role and service
- Wellness resources – PTSD/PTSI, depression, substance abuse, harm reduction and prevention
The app features a newsfeed, services, library, events and FAQs for your organization, a self-assessment area an most importantly: the proactive and reactive Peer Support request and management component.
Support Your Peers
Access to a support group of other wellness coordinators to share resources, stories. and best practices. Feel confident and supported in the decisions you make as a coordinator/administrator.